http-equiv='refresh'/> Global Therapies: recovery day...?

Tuesday 26 April 2011

recovery day...?


Our blog is now featured on our website (www.globaltherapies.com). You should be redirected automatically to this article on our new site.

If you get an ERROR MESSAGE, or you are not redirected please press the REFRESH button on your browser.


Today was written in as a recovery day. Just an hours worth of gentle cycling to get blood into the legs, wake up the neural circuits, and stretch out some fascia. Nothing serious.

Finding a place in the Peak District, particularly near Glossop, which appears to be based in the bottom of a valley, no matter which way you look, is a more interesting matter.
I settled on a route out toward the Woodhead, stopping at the sailing club and then coming back along the same route. My HR monitor had no battery, so I kept the intensity down by making sure I could talk to myself in a non-strained way all the way out and all the way back. Must have looked and sounded a bit odd, but at least I knew I wasnt unintentionally cranking up the speed or effort.

I was going to be doing Cakes of Bread local race with dpfr tomorrow, which was going to be my workout, however, I have been called in to massage and 1st aid for the local football team, which is a bonus. So tomorrow wont have a work out...
hmmm, problem solved, as Glossopdale harriers have a training run this evening. I'll drop in on that, and use tomorrow as a rest day.

And rest day means just that.
Nothing but rest and stretching. And maybe a bit of massage. Trying to keep stretching fascia to make it slowly become more supple and elastic. - its going to take months, but at the same time as gaining strength and endurance, agility will also be built up as well.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment